Toddlers: 15-24 months
Nothing gives us greater satisfaction than watching your child meet and exceed developmental milestones.
For our older infants and toddlers, we provide a daycare experience that is filled with the type of creative stimulation that makes every day a fun-filled learning adventure. Whether it’s building a castle, racing boats at the water table, finger painting, or marching to the beat of drums and bells, your child will build the self-esteem and trust which helps establish a permanent link between learning and fun.
With the love, support, and encouragement of qualified staff who truly enjoy being a part of your child’s life, your child’s love for learning can begin with Safari Childcare.
Toddler Developmental Milestones:
- Literacy incorporated throughout classrooms & curriculum
- Colors, shapes, & object recognition
- Alphabet song & color matching
- Body & facial expressions
- Singing, flannel boards, stories, & fingerplays
- Math: flashcards, matching, sorting, puzzles, counting to 10
- Science: color mixing, sand & water table, sink or float
- Fine Motor: making block towers, dump & fill, puzzles, play-dough, lacing, fitting shapes in the correct spot
- Hands-on experiences using all senses
- Art daily
- Gross motor: jumping, walking backward, catching, rolling, balance
- Cooking day/game day EVERY Wednesday during the summer
- Group times: stories, calendar, weather, math, music & movement
- Onsite playground: twice per day, weather permitting
Still not sure what to expect from our toddler school? Learn more about us here, and view a sample of our daily schedule and lesson plan below.