Full Day Kindergarten
- Cognitive Skills: Acquiring and using information. Benchmark examples: Copies a pattern based on color, size, or shape; can classify food groups; can understand weather concepts.
- Language: Developing communication skills. Benchmark examples: Looks at pictures and tells a story; prints own first and last name; listens when others speak.
- Motor Skills: Using the body with control and efficiency. Benchmark examples: Can put together a puzzle; can balance on one foot; can color within the lines of a complex picture.
- Social Emotional: Expressing feelings and interacting with others. Benchmark examples: Shares and takes turns; stands up for own rights; seeks out new activities and experiences.
- Hygiene: Caring for personal needs in healthy ways. Benchmark examples: Takes care of toys and materials, able to tie shoes; exhibits an understanding of safety procedures.
- Read numerous books each day, felt board stories & reading groups
- Beginning sounds & ending sounds Phonics & phonemic awareness (sounding & writing words out)
- Reading 3-4 sentences & all 30 words from the words wall
- Write & Sound of Letter of the Week
- Upper & lower case letter recognition & the sounds of the letters
- Tracing upper case & lower case letters
- Journaling with story of the week!
- Number recognition to at least 125
- Counting to 125 plus: by 2’s, 5’s & 10’s
- Learning ordinals positions 1st-5th
- Tracing numbers
- Length & measuring
- Sorting by: size, shape, color & kind
- Matching objects
- Solid Shape Recognition
- Read by end of the year!
- Calendar: weather, days & months
- Colors & shapes review
- Five senses & body recognition
- Personal knowlege & expression reproduction
- Matching, sizes, grouping, patterns, seasons, rhyming,
- beginning & ending sounds
- Fine motor: Tracing, cutting on the line, puzzles, coloring in
- the lines, play-dough, lacing, buttoning, zippering, tying
- Gross motor: Outside twice a day, skipping, galloping,
- catching, balancing, teacher led games, & much more!
- Science: life cycles, classifying & categorizing, hypothesizing & recording results, mixing, reflections, sink or float, working of the body, & shadows (during the summer!)
- Cooking/game day: Wednesday (summer
- Sensory activity & art activitiy every day!
- Singing songs & fingerplays